Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Louis, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in St. Louis, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our St. Louis, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Louis residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our St. Louis car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our St. Louis, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a St. Louis, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran St. Louis, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your St. Louis auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete St. Louis, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around St. Louis in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced St. Louis, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in St. Louis can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to St. Louis accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Louis, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across St. Louis, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your St. Louis, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your St. Louis car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding St. Louis, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in St. Louis, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in St. Louis, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your St. Louis auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a St. Louis, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Louis, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A St. Louis, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of an elite St. Louis, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with St. Louis residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in St. Louis, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your St. Louis, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in St. Louis, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a St. Louis car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer