Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Louis County, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in St. Louis County, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our St. Louis County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Louis County residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our St. Louis County car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight fiercely for all our St. Louis County, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a St. Louis County, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran St. Louis County, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service St. Louis County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around St. Louis County for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran St. Louis County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in St. Louis County can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to St. Louis County accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Louis County, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across St. Louis County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your St. Louis County, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your St. Louis County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a trustworthy and compassionate St. Louis County, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in St. Louis County, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in St. Louis County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your St. Louis County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of anguish a St. Louis County, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a St. Louis County, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A St. Louis County, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of a competitive St. Louis County, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with St. Louis County residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in St. Louis County, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your St. Louis County, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in St. Louis County, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a St. Louis County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.