Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. John, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. John, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in St. John, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our St. John, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. John residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our St. John car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our St. John, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a St. John, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated St. John, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your St. John auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete St. John, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around St. John to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran St. John, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in St. John can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to St. John accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. John, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across St. John, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your St. John, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your St. John car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate St. John, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in St. John, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in St. John, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your St. John auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a St. John, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A St. John, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive St. John, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with St. John residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following a car accident in St. John, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your St. John, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in St. John, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a St. John car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.