Car Accident Lawyer in St. Francois County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Francois County, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in St. Francois County, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our St. Francois County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Francois County residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our St. Francois County car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively for all our St. Francois County, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a St. Francois County, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated St. Francois County, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your St. Francois County auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service St. Francois County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around St. Francois County to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced St. Francois County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in St. Francois County can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to St. Francois County accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Francois County, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across St. Francois County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your St. Francois County, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your St. Francois County car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding St. Francois County, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in St. Francois County, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in St. Francois County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your St. Francois County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of anguish a St. Francois County, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Francois County, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A St. Francois County, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and intelligence of an elite St. Francois County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with St. Francois County residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in St. Francois County, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your St. Francois County, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in St. Francois County, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a St. Francois County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer