Car Accident Lawyer in St. Clair, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Clair, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in St. Clair, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our St. Clair, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Clair residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our St. Clair car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our St. Clair, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a St. Clair, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran St. Clair, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete St. Clair, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around St. Clair to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran St. Clair, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in St. Clair can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to St. Clair accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Clair, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across St. Clair, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your St. Clair, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your St. Clair car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding St. Clair, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in St. Clair, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in St. Clair, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your St. Clair auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a St. Clair, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Clair, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A St. Clair, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a top St. Clair, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with St. Clair residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in St. Clair, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your St. Clair, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in St. Clair, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a St. Clair car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer