Car Accident Lawyer in St. Charles, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Charles, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in St. Charles, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our St. Charles, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Charles residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our St. Charles car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our St. Charles, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a St. Charles, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated St. Charles, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your St. Charles auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service St. Charles, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around St. Charles in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran St. Charles, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in St. Charles can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to St. Charles accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Charles, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across St. Charles, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your St. Charles, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your St. Charles car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate St. Charles, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in St. Charles, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in St. Charles, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your St. Charles auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Charles, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A St. Charles, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of an elite St. Charles, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with St. Charles residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in St. Charles, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your St. Charles, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in St. Charles, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a St. Charles car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer