Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Charles County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Charles County, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in St. Charles County, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our St. Charles County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Charles County residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our St. Charles County car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our St. Charles County, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a St. Charles County, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated St. Charles County, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your St. Charles County auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service St. Charles County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around St. Charles County in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced St. Charles County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in St. Charles County can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to St. Charles County accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Charles County, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across St. Charles County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your St. Charles County, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your St. Charles County car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a trustworthy and understanding St. Charles County, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in St. Charles County, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in St. Charles County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your St. Charles County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish a St. Charles County, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Charles County, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A St. Charles County, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive St. Charles County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with St. Charles County residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following a car accident in St. Charles County, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your St. Charles County, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in St. Charles County, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a St. Charles County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.