Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Ann, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Ann, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in St. Ann, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our St. Ann, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Ann residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our St. Ann car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our St. Ann, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a St. Ann, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran St. Ann, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service St. Ann, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around St. Ann in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran St. Ann, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in St. Ann can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to St. Ann accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Ann, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across St. Ann, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your St. Ann, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your St. Ann car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding St. Ann, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in St. Ann, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in St. Ann, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your St. Ann auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Ann, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A St. Ann, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive St. Ann, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with St. Ann residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in St. Ann, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your St. Ann, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in St. Ann, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a St. Ann car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.