Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Shrewsbury, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Shrewsbury, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Contact Our Shrewsbury, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Shrewsbury residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Shrewsbury car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Shrewsbury, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Shrewsbury, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Shrewsbury, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Shrewsbury, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Shrewsbury for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Shrewsbury, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Shrewsbury can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Shrewsbury accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Shrewsbury, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Shrewsbury, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Shrewsbury, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Shrewsbury car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Shrewsbury, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Shrewsbury, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Shrewsbury, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Shrewsbury auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Shrewsbury, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Shrewsbury, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a top Shrewsbury, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Shrewsbury residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Shrewsbury, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Shrewsbury, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Shrewsbury, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Shrewsbury car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.