Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Rock Hill, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Rock Hill, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Rock Hill, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Rock Hill, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Rock Hill residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Rock Hill car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Rock Hill, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Rock Hill, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Rock Hill, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Rock Hill auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Rock Hill, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Rock Hill to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Rock Hill, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Rock Hill can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Rock Hill accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Rock Hill, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Rock Hill, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Rock Hill, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Rock Hill car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Rock Hill, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Rock Hill, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Rock Hill, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Rock Hill auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Rock Hill, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Rock Hill, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Rock Hill, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Rock Hill, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Rock Hill residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following a car accident in Rock Hill, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Rock Hill, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Rock Hill, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Rock Hill car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.