Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Pike County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Pike County, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Pike County, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Pike County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Pike County residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Pike County car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Pike County, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Pike County, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Pike County, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Pike County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Pike County for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Pike County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Pike County can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Pike County accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Pike County, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Pike County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Pike County, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Pike County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Pike County, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Pike County, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Pike County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Pike County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Pike County, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Pike County, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Pike County, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Pike County, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Pike County residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Pike County, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Pike County, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Pike County, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Pike County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.