Car Accident Lawyer in Pevely, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Pevely, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Pevely, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Pevely, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Pevely residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Pevely car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Pevely, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Pevely, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Pevely, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Pevely auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Pevely, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Pevely to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Pevely, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Pevely can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Pevely accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Pevely, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Pevely, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Pevely, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Pevely car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Pevely, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Pevely, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Pevely, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Pevely auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Pevely, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Pevely, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and acumen of a top Pevely, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Pevely residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Pevely, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Pevely, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Pevely, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Pevely car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer