Car Accident Lawyer in Park Hills, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Park Hills, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Park Hills, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Park Hills, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Park Hills residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Park Hills car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Park Hills, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Park Hills, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Park Hills, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Park Hills auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Park Hills, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Park Hills to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Park Hills, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Park Hills can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Park Hills accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Park Hills, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Park Hills, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Park Hills, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Park Hills car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Park Hills, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Park Hills, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Park Hills, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Park Hills auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Park Hills, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Park Hills, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Park Hills, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Park Hills, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Park Hills residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Park Hills, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Park Hills, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Park Hills, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a Park Hills car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer