Car Accident Lawyer in Pacific, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Pacific, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Pacific, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Pacific, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Pacific residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Pacific car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Pacific, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Pacific, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Pacific, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Pacific auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Pacific, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Pacific to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Pacific, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in Pacific can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Pacific accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Pacific, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Pacific, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Pacific, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Pacific car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Pacific, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Pacific, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Pacific, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Pacific auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Pacific, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Pacific, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Pacific, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Pacific residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Pacific, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Pacific, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Pacific, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Pacific car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer