Car Accident Lawyer in Owensville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Owensville, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Owensville, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Owensville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Owensville residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Owensville car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Owensville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Owensville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Owensville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Owensville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Owensville in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Owensville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Owensville can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Owensville accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Owensville, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Owensville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Owensville, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Owensville car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding Owensville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Owensville, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Owensville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Owensville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Owensville, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Owensville, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Owensville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of an elite Owensville, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Owensville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Owensville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Owensville, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Owensville, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Owensville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer