Car Accident Lawyer in Olivette, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Olivette, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an car accident in Olivette, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Olivette, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Olivette residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Olivette car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Olivette, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Olivette, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Olivette, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Olivette, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Olivette for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Olivette, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Olivette can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Olivette accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Olivette, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Olivette, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Olivette, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Olivette car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Olivette, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Olivette, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Olivette, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Olivette auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Olivette, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Olivette, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Olivette, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Olivette, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Olivette residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Olivette, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Olivette, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Olivette, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Olivette car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer