Car Accident Lawyer in Old Monroe, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Old Monroe, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Old Monroe, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Old Monroe, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Old Monroe residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Old Monroe car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Old Monroe, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Old Monroe, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Old Monroe, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Old Monroe auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Old Monroe, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Old Monroe in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Old Monroe, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Old Monroe can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Old Monroe accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Old Monroe, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Old Monroe, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Old Monroe, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Old Monroe car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Old Monroe, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Old Monroe, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Old Monroe, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Old Monroe auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Old Monroe, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Old Monroe, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of an elite Old Monroe, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Old Monroe residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Old Monroe, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Old Monroe, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Old Monroe, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Old Monroe car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer