Car Accident Lawyer in O’Fallon, MO
Car Accident Lawyer O’Fallon, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in O’Fallon, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our O’Fallon, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help O’Fallon residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our O’Fallon car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our O’Fallon, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a O’Fallon, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran O’Fallon, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your O’Fallon auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service O’Fallon, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around O’Fallon to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced O’Fallon, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in O’Fallon can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to O’Fallon accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In O’Fallon, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across O’Fallon, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your O’Fallon, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your O’Fallon car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding O’Fallon, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in O’Fallon, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in O’Fallon, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your O’Fallon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a O’Fallon, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a O’Fallon, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A O’Fallon, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive O’Fallon, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with O’Fallon residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in O’Fallon, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your O’Fallon, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in O’Fallon, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a O’Fallon car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer