Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Oakville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Oakville, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in Oakville, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Oakville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Oakville residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Oakville car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Oakville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Oakville, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Oakville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Oakville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Oakville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Oakville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in Oakville can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Oakville accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Oakville, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Oakville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Oakville, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Oakville car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Oakville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Oakville, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Oakville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Oakville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Oakville, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Oakville, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Oakville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a top Oakville, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Oakville residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Oakville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Oakville, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Oakville, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Oakville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.