Car Accident Lawyer in New Melle, MO
Car Accident Lawyer New Melle, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in New Melle, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our New Melle, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help New Melle residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our New Melle car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our New Melle, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a New Melle, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated New Melle, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your New Melle auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete New Melle, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around New Melle in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran New Melle, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in New Melle can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to New Melle accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In New Melle, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across New Melle, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your New Melle, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your New Melle car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a reputable and compassionate New Melle, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in New Melle, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in New Melle, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your New Melle auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a New Melle, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A New Melle, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a competitive New Melle, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with New Melle residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in New Melle, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your New Melle, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in New Melle, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a New Melle car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer