Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Montgomery City, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery City, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Montgomery City, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Montgomery City, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Montgomery City residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Montgomery City car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Montgomery City, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Montgomery City, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Montgomery City, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Montgomery City, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Montgomery City in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Montgomery City, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Montgomery City can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Montgomery City accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Montgomery City, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Montgomery City, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Montgomery City, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Montgomery City car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Montgomery City, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Montgomery City, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Montgomery City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Montgomery City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Montgomery City, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Montgomery City, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Montgomery City, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a top Montgomery City, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Montgomery City residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Montgomery City, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Montgomery City, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Montgomery City, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Montgomery City car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.