Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Mehlville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Mehlville, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Mehlville, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Mehlville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Mehlville residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Mehlville car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Mehlville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Mehlville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Mehlville, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Mehlville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Mehlville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Mehlville for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Mehlville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Mehlville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Mehlville accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Mehlville, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Mehlville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Mehlville, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Mehlville car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Mehlville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Mehlville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Mehlville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Mehlville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Mehlville, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Mehlville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of an elite Mehlville, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Mehlville residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Mehlville, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Mehlville, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Mehlville, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a Mehlville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.