Car Accident Lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Maryland Heights, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Maryland Heights, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Maryland Heights residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Maryland Heights car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Maryland Heights, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Maryland Heights, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Maryland Heights, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Maryland Heights, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Maryland Heights to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Maryland Heights, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Maryland Heights can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Maryland Heights accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Maryland Heights, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Maryland Heights, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Maryland Heights, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Maryland Heights car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a trustworthy and understanding Maryland Heights, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Maryland Heights, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Maryland Heights, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Maryland Heights auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Maryland Heights, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Maryland Heights, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Maryland Heights, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Maryland Heights residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Maryland Heights, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Maryland Heights, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Maryland Heights, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Maryland Heights car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer