Car Accident Lawyer in Lincoln County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Lincoln County, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Lincoln County, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Lincoln County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Lincoln County residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Lincoln County car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Lincoln County, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Lincoln County, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Lincoln County, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Lincoln County auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Lincoln County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Lincoln County in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Lincoln County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Lincoln County can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Lincoln County accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Lincoln County, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Lincoln County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Lincoln County, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Lincoln County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Lincoln County, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Lincoln County, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Lincoln County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Lincoln County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Lincoln County, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Lincoln County, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and intelligence of an elite Lincoln County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Lincoln County residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Lincoln County, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Lincoln County, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Lincoln County, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Lincoln County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer