Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Lake St. Louis, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Lake St. Louis, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our Lake St. Louis, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Lake St. Louis residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Lake St. Louis car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Lake St. Louis auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Lake St. Louis, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Lake St. Louis in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Lake St. Louis, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Lake St. Louis can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Lake St. Louis accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Lake St. Louis, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Lake St. Louis, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Lake St. Louis, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Lake St. Louis car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Lake St. Louis, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Lake St. Louis, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Lake St. Louis, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Lake St. Louis auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Lake St. Louis, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Lake St. Louis, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and intelligence of an elite Lake St. Louis, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Lake St. Louis residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Lake St. Louis, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Lake St. Louis, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Lake St. Louis, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Lake St. Louis car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.