Car Accident Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Kirkwood, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Kirkwood, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our Kirkwood, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Kirkwood residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Kirkwood car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Kirkwood, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Kirkwood, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Kirkwood, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Kirkwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Kirkwood to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Kirkwood, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Kirkwood can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Kirkwood accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Kirkwood, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Kirkwood, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Kirkwood, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Kirkwood car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Kirkwood, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Kirkwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Kirkwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Kirkwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Kirkwood, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Kirkwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and intelligence of an elite Kirkwood, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Kirkwood residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Kirkwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Kirkwood, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Kirkwood, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Kirkwood car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer