Car Accident Lawyer in Kingdom City, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Kingdom City, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in Kingdom City, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Kingdom City, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Kingdom City residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Kingdom City car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Kingdom City, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Kingdom City, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Kingdom City, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Kingdom City auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Kingdom City, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Kingdom City in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Kingdom City, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Kingdom City can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Kingdom City accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Kingdom City, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Kingdom City, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Kingdom City, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Kingdom City car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Kingdom City, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Kingdom City, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Kingdom City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Kingdom City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Kingdom City, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Kingdom City, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and acumen of a competitive Kingdom City, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Kingdom City residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Kingdom City, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Kingdom City, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Kingdom City, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Kingdom City car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer