Car Accident Lawyer in Jonesburg, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Jonesburg, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Jonesburg, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Jonesburg, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Jonesburg residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Jonesburg car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Jonesburg, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Jonesburg, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Jonesburg, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Jonesburg auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Jonesburg, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Jonesburg to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Jonesburg, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Jonesburg can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Jonesburg accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Jonesburg, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Jonesburg, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Jonesburg, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Jonesburg car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Jonesburg, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Jonesburg, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Jonesburg, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Jonesburg auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Jonesburg, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Jonesburg, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Jonesburg, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive Jonesburg, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Jonesburg residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Jonesburg, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Jonesburg, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Jonesburg, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Jonesburg car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer