Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Jennings, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Jennings, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Jennings, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Jennings, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Jennings residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Jennings car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Jennings, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Jennings, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Jennings, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Jennings auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Jennings, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Jennings to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Jennings, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in Jennings can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Jennings accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Jennings, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Jennings, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Jennings, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Jennings car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding Jennings, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Jennings, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Jennings, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Jennings auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Jennings, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Jennings, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and acumen of an elite Jennings, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Jennings residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Jennings, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Jennings, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Jennings, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Jennings car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.