Car Accident Lawyer in Jefferson County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Jefferson County, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Jefferson County, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Jefferson County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Jefferson County residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Jefferson County car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Jefferson County, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Jefferson County, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Jefferson County, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Jefferson County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Jefferson County in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Jefferson County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Jefferson County can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Jefferson County accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Jefferson County, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Jefferson County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Jefferson County, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Jefferson County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Jefferson County, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Jefferson County, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Jefferson County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Jefferson County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Jefferson County, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Jefferson County, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Jefferson County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Jefferson County residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Jefferson County, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Jefferson County, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Jefferson County, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Jefferson County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer