Car Accident Lawyer in Imperial, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Imperial, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Imperial, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Imperial, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Imperial residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Imperial car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Imperial, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Imperial, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Imperial, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Imperial, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Imperial in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Imperial, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Imperial can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Imperial accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Imperial, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Imperial, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Imperial, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Imperial car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Imperial, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Imperial, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Imperial, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Imperial auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Imperial, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Imperial, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of an elite Imperial, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Imperial residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Imperial, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Imperial, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Imperial, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Imperial car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer