Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Hillsboro, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Hillsboro, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Hillsboro, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Hillsboro, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Hillsboro residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Hillsboro car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Hillsboro, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Hillsboro, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Hillsboro, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Hillsboro auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Hillsboro, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Hillsboro for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Hillsboro, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Hillsboro can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Hillsboro accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Hillsboro, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Hillsboro, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Hillsboro, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Hillsboro car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding Hillsboro, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Hillsboro, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Hillsboro, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Hillsboro auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hillsboro, MO car accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Hillsboro, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and acumen of a top Hillsboro, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Hillsboro residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Hillsboro, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Hillsboro, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Hillsboro, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Hillsboro car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.