Car Accident Lawyer in Hermann, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Hermann, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Hermann, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Hermann, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Hermann residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Hermann car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Hermann, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Hermann, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Hermann, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Hermann auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Hermann, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Hermann to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Hermann, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Hermann can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Hermann accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Hermann, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Hermann, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Hermann, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Hermann car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Hermann, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Hermann, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Hermann, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Hermann auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hermann, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Hermann, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Hermann, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Hermann residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Hermann, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Hermann, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Hermann, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a Hermann car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer