Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Herculaneum, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Herculaneum, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Herculaneum, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Herculaneum, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Herculaneum residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Herculaneum car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Herculaneum, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Herculaneum, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Herculaneum, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Herculaneum auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Herculaneum, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Herculaneum for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Herculaneum, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Herculaneum can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Herculaneum accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Herculaneum, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Herculaneum, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Herculaneum, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Herculaneum car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Herculaneum, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Herculaneum, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Herculaneum, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Herculaneum auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Herculaneum, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Herculaneum, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Herculaneum, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Herculaneum, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Herculaneum residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following a car accident in Herculaneum, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Herculaneum, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Herculaneum, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Herculaneum car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.