Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Hazelwood, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Hazelwood, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Hazelwood, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Hazelwood, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Hazelwood residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Hazelwood car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Hazelwood, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Hazelwood, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Hazelwood, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Hazelwood auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Hazelwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Hazelwood to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Hazelwood, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Hazelwood can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Hazelwood accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Hazelwood, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Hazelwood, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Hazelwood, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Hazelwood car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and compassionate Hazelwood, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Hazelwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Hazelwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Hazelwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Hazelwood, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hazelwood, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Hazelwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and acumen of a competitive Hazelwood, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Hazelwood residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Hazelwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Hazelwood, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Hazelwood, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Hazelwood car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.