Car Accident Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Harrisburg, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Harrisburg, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Harrisburg, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Harrisburg residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Harrisburg car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Harrisburg, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Harrisburg, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Harrisburg, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Harrisburg auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Harrisburg, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Harrisburg to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Harrisburg, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Harrisburg can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Harrisburg accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Harrisburg, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Harrisburg, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Harrisburg, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Harrisburg car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Harrisburg, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Harrisburg, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Harrisburg, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Harrisburg auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Harrisburg, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Harrisburg, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and acumen of a competitive Harrisburg, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Harrisburg residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following a car accident in Harrisburg, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Harrisburg, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Harrisburg, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Harrisburg car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer