Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Gray Summit, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Gray Summit, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Gray Summit, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Gray Summit, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Gray Summit residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Gray Summit car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Gray Summit, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Gray Summit, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Gray Summit, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Gray Summit auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Gray Summit, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Gray Summit for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Gray Summit, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Gray Summit can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Gray Summit accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Gray Summit, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Gray Summit, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Gray Summit, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Gray Summit car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Gray Summit, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Gray Summit, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Gray Summit, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Gray Summit auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Gray Summit, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Gray Summit, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Gray Summit, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of an elite Gray Summit, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Gray Summit residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Gray Summit, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Gray Summit, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Gray Summit, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a Gray Summit car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.