Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Franklin County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Franklin County, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Franklin County, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Franklin County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Franklin County residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Franklin County car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Franklin County, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Franklin County, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Franklin County, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Franklin County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Franklin County in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Franklin County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Franklin County can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Franklin County accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Franklin County, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Franklin County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Franklin County, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Franklin County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Franklin County, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Franklin County, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Franklin County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Franklin County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Franklin County, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Franklin County, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Franklin County, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Franklin County, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Franklin County residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Franklin County, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Franklin County, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Franklin County, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Franklin County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.