Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Florissant, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Florissant, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Florissant, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Florissant, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Florissant residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Florissant car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Florissant, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Florissant, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Florissant, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Florissant auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Florissant, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Florissant to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Florissant, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Florissant can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Florissant accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Florissant, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Florissant, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Florissant, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Florissant car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Florissant, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Florissant, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Florissant, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Florissant auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Florissant, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Florissant, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Florissant, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Florissant, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Florissant residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Florissant, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Florissant, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florissant, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Florissant car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.