Car Accident Lawyer in Festus, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Festus, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Festus, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Festus, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Festus residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Festus car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Festus, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Festus, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Festus, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Festus auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Festus, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Festus for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Festus, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Festus can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Festus accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Festus, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Festus, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Festus, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Festus car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Festus, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Festus, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Festus, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Festus auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Festus, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Festus, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive Festus, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Festus residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Festus, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Festus, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Festus, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Festus car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer