Car Accident Lawyer in Ferguson, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Ferguson, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Ferguson, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Ferguson, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Ferguson residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Ferguson car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Ferguson, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Ferguson, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Ferguson, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Ferguson auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Ferguson, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Ferguson in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Ferguson, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in Ferguson can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Ferguson accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Ferguson, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Ferguson, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Ferguson, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Ferguson car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Ferguson, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Ferguson, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Ferguson, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Ferguson auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Ferguson, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Ferguson, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Ferguson, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Ferguson residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Ferguson, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Ferguson, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Ferguson, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Ferguson car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer