Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Fenton, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Fenton, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Fenton, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Fenton, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Fenton residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Fenton car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Fenton, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Fenton, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Fenton, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Fenton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Fenton, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Fenton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Fenton, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Fenton can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Fenton accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Fenton, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Fenton, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Fenton, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Fenton car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Fenton, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Fenton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Fenton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Fenton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Fenton, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Fenton, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite Fenton, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Fenton residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Fenton, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Fenton, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Fenton, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a Fenton car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.