Car Accident Lawyer in Farmington, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Farmington, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Farmington, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our Farmington, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Farmington residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Farmington car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Farmington, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Farmington, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Farmington, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Farmington auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Farmington, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Farmington for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Farmington, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Farmington can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Farmington accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Farmington, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Farmington, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Farmington, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Farmington car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Farmington, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Farmington, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Farmington, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Farmington auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Farmington, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Farmington, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of an elite Farmington, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Farmington residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Farmington, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Farmington, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Farmington, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Farmington car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer