Car Accident Lawyer in Elsberry, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Elsberry, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Elsberry, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Contact Our Elsberry, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Elsberry residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Elsberry car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Elsberry, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Elsberry, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Elsberry, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Elsberry auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Elsberry, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Elsberry to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Elsberry, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Elsberry can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Elsberry accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Elsberry, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Elsberry, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Elsberry, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Elsberry car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Elsberry, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Elsberry, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Elsberry, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Elsberry auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Elsberry, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Elsberry, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and acumen of a competitive Elsberry, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Elsberry residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Elsberry, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Elsberry, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Elsberry, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Elsberry car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer