Car Accident Lawyer in Ellisville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Ellisville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Ellisville, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Ellisville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Ellisville residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Ellisville car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Ellisville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Ellisville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Ellisville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Ellisville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Ellisville in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Ellisville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Ellisville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Ellisville accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Ellisville, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Ellisville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Ellisville, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Ellisville car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a trustworthy and understanding Ellisville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Ellisville, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Ellisville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Ellisville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Ellisville, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Ellisville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and acumen of an elite Ellisville, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Ellisville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Ellisville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Ellisville, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Ellisville, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Ellisville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer