Car Accident Lawyer in Des Peres, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Des Peres, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Des Peres, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Des Peres, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Des Peres residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Des Peres car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Des Peres, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Des Peres, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Des Peres, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Des Peres, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Des Peres for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Des Peres, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Des Peres can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Des Peres accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Des Peres, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Des Peres, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Des Peres, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Des Peres car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate Des Peres, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Des Peres, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Des Peres, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Des Peres auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Des Peres, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Des Peres, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Des Peres, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Des Peres, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Des Peres residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following a car accident in Des Peres, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Des Peres, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Des Peres, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Des Peres car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer