Car Accident Lawyer in Defiance, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Defiance, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Defiance, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Defiance, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Defiance residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Defiance car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Defiance, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Defiance, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Defiance, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Defiance auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Defiance, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Defiance for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Defiance, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Defiance can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Defiance accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Defiance, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Defiance, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Defiance, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Defiance car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate Defiance, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Defiance, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Defiance, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Defiance auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Defiance, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Defiance, MO car accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Defiance, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a top Defiance, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Defiance residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Defiance, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Defiance, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Defiance, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a Defiance car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer