Car Accident Lawyer in De Soto, MO
Car Accident Lawyer De Soto, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in De Soto, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our De Soto, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help De Soto residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our De Soto car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our De Soto, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a De Soto, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated De Soto, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service De Soto, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around De Soto to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced De Soto, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in De Soto can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to De Soto accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In De Soto, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across De Soto, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your De Soto, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your De Soto car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a reputable and understanding De Soto, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in De Soto, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in De Soto, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your De Soto auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a De Soto, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A De Soto, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top De Soto, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with De Soto residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in De Soto, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your De Soto, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in De Soto, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a De Soto car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer