Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Creve Coeur, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Creve Coeur, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Creve Coeur, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Creve Coeur residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Creve Coeur car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Creve Coeur, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Creve Coeur, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Creve Coeur, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Creve Coeur auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Creve Coeur, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Creve Coeur to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Creve Coeur, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Creve Coeur can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Creve Coeur accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Creve Coeur, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Creve Coeur, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Creve Coeur, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Creve Coeur car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Creve Coeur, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Creve Coeur, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Creve Coeur, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Creve Coeur auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Creve Coeur, MO car accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Creve Coeur, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top Creve Coeur, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Creve Coeur residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following a car accident in Creve Coeur, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Creve Coeur, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Creve Coeur, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Creve Coeur car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.