Car Accident Lawyer in Crestwood, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Crestwood, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Crestwood, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our Crestwood, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Crestwood residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Crestwood car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Crestwood, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Crestwood, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Crestwood, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Crestwood auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Crestwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Crestwood to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Crestwood, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Crestwood can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Crestwood accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Crestwood, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Crestwood, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Crestwood, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Crestwood car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Crestwood, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Crestwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Crestwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Crestwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Crestwood, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Crestwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and acumen of an elite Crestwood, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Crestwood residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Crestwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Crestwood, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Crestwood, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a Crestwood car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer